9.17.2003

�You must get this at all cost,� croaked a failing voice.
�Yes, I understand.�

I can still remember the old wizard telling me what to do right up until his end; it scares me to think of what anyone could do with the secret Seeking Ball. This was only supposed to be a legend, you know, folklore� but recently an apparition in cohorts with Lucifer unveiled this ball, the ball that rules over men�s minds. The Seeking Ball was said to have been placed under or in a temple near the city of Tribunal; only a man with the dark crest of Lucifer could find the ball.
As a child I had played in the Gendleson mountain range, an old evil magician captured me and took me to his terrible cave. That night I only remember feeling a sharp pain on my right hand which, of course, was the dark crest being put into me. Men with the dark crest have been shrouded in mystery, but I trust that my fate is noble.
I looked into my pack and grabbed a yellow sheet of parchment that held a map of our charted lands. According to this article I needed to go over 30 miles down the River of Nails, it was going to be a long night. The River of Nails was notorious for deaths caused by the unseen, but certainly felt �force.� It was said to be caused by the dark mages practicing evil spells, but this has never been confirmed.
I got into my small row boat and slowly worked my way downstream, the boat was silently rolling along when I noticed how tired I really was, I hadn�t been able to sleep for two days now, and when in my Knight�s Noble Armor moving my arm equated to lifting my whole body. I noticed a fog slowly rolling towards me� sleepy� drowsy�

�He�s awakening, sire.�
�Does he have the crest?�
�� Yes, he does.�
I tried to open my eyes, I couldn�t. Where am I? I tried to move my arms but they were tied down � someone was pulling at my sleeves, somehow my armor was off. I heard a small popping sound and heard a swishing sound, but all I really wanted to do was go back to sleep and/or get something to drink.
�Give this to him.�
I heard someone coming towards me, whoever it was opened my mouth and poured cold liquid into my mouth. I instinctively swallowed and felt the cold liquid go down into my stomach. What was that?
Instantly I felt at peace, all of my worries had just vanished; there was nothing to be afraid of. It felt like nirvana.
�Hello,� said a smooth voice.
�Hello,� I replied relaxingly, trusting this voice.
�Do you know a great wizard by the name of Jebble, Jebble the Wise?� the smooth voice continued.
�Yes, yes I do,� I replied slowly, peacefully.
�Does he have any secrets?� asked the voice again, but more tense this time.
�He has many,� I replied while wishing for a glass of wine.
�Can you tell me them?� said the great voice, I could tell that the talker was getting excited.
�Oh sure,� I started, but the smooth voice stopped me as I was recalling my Father�s mentor.
�Can you tell me about the Seekan Ball?� the voice went on.
The Seekan Ball? Hmm�
�I don�t know what you�re talking about.�
Suddenly I remembered, the enemies of my Father�s mentor were cursed so that they could not say Seeking.
�The Seek � the Seeka � the Seekan Ball,� the voice stammered, rigid.
�Can I have a drink?� I asked, totally forgetting about the voice�s query.
There was a long pause. Is he getting me a drink? Suddenly, it was as if God had turned the sun on the earth in the middle of the night, there was this great light. My mind suddenly cleared up, I was no longer at peace. I suddenly felt fear and anger, and I remembered that I was being held down. I suddenly opened my eyes.

This story ends like a cliff hanger, you are free to think of whatever will happens next... this is my english story thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
cbox

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]