10.09.2003

if anybody would acutally read this:
-----------------------------------------

Michael Anthony Cheng Siy
English 10 Honors
October 9th, 2003


The Guideline of My Life

A distant figure floats tall above me like a sensei in an old ninja film, directing me toward a better life and a greater future. The body is of far distance like guidance through an unmarked mine field, and hovers above resembling an elder teacher instructing a student. This outline has a tall stature with broad shoulders and black spiked-up bangs. Being around this character, one may instantly feel a friendly touch that warms hearts and brings happiness. The special figure inside each person, in every heart, would be my older brother Mark.
Mark Andrew Cheng Siy is currently enrolled in the University of San Francisco or, in short, USF. He was accepted to University of California Los Angles and all the other UC Colleges but decided that San Francisco was a better place for him. Mark attended Clovis West just last year allowing me to enjoy one year with his enthusiastic presence before he left for college. He was a dedicated student, staying in band from 4th grade to his senior year and also a strong three-year devotion to Key Club. He volunteers at Saint Agnes, Valley Children�s, and other Key Club events which mentally creates a golden heart of a saint. His commitment inspires me and other people who look up to him; I know for a fact, that band takes a large amount of time out in a busy schedule.
My second oldest brother has many physical properties that describe his own self-character. His tone of speech is a low-ish vibe yet he talks in a sophisticated manner. Mark has asthma just like me and my other brothers; he also has, like my two younger brothers, a hereditary dry skin disease called Eczema � which I am fortunate not to have.
Mark has grown very dark because his two years of swimming and four years of marching band. He has unusual faded white spots on his tan, brown back which I believe came from swimming seasons without sun block. He had eye glasses but then switched to eye-touching contact lenses this past year.
We�ve had many interesting childhood memories together, with my other brothers. Ones that pop into my mind are the origin of my first scar and us playing joyfully with our mother�s kitchen utensils. My scar came from a bridge Mark made with a long, white pillow. He let go of the pillow while I was in the middle and all support gave out. The last thing I remember is looking at my bleeding scar on my left forehead which had collided with a desk.
We played many games in my childhood such as creating a fake town full of presidents, money, and stores. Since they were based on my comics, Mark decided to call it Mike Town. I was the president, Mark was the vice president, and Mitchell was �the rest.� That game went on for a couple years, but what I believe lasted the longest was our cooking game. We each owned our own cooking show; Mark would always be the most creative with gathering ingredients to finding some of our mom�s best pots and pans. This game was everything: we cooked, we baked, we ate.
Any baby-naming book would tell you Mark means �warlike.� Well I see my Mark as being aggressive and confident, able to achieve anything he desires. Like in many large families, Mark has created a roadmap or standard for me � the younger sibling � to beat. In his personality, Mark leads by example and shows the true ties of friendship and family. He is one, a great, responsible leader; then two, an overall excellent brother.

------------------------------------------
well im having my mom read it and correct it, then i re-print it out in the morning....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
cbox

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]