1.09.2006

I don't have a major in mind. Actually I have like thousands of majors in mind, but none of them really really hit with me. So I don't really know. Parents are pushing me towards medical, but it's more of a suggestion than an actual push. That's about it on the parents side. My parents have actually come a whole notch down from being asian academic centered parents, to pretty normal parents. it's very odd, but hey, i'm not complaining.

Actually I would like to major in Psych mainly because of the interest it has to me, but that is also the one major my parents would be against me doing. And then I'm thinking of majoring in English because I think it might be fun, but as we can see, my English is not so hot. And then there's the possibility of something in the engineering or computer sciences, but I'm not sure. Plus I don't want to end up my whole life in front of the computer, because the computer basically ruins my life right now. It really interests me though.. I sat through some computer-related class in Davis where I had no idea what they were talking about but it was still interesting to me. I used to want to go into nutrition science, but after sitting in on one of those classes, I decided it didn't hold my interest too well, but that's still an option maybe. I kind of want to go into education just because it's one of those.. help people.. professions without the life and death that may be involved with a medical profession. but i'm scared of disciplining people and i can't hold a group of kids together too well-- IE, LINK CREW KIDS. OMG. I think I would run out of patience, or okay, maybe not patience, but at least sanity.. like knowing what to do. I don't know.. people don't listen to me. they just.. don't. Plus I dont' think I'm good enough to go into medicine, or ocd enough. I mean I'm too like.. careless, I guess. And hospital environments kind of make me feel sick. As for engineering .. yeah I lack precision, again. I don't think I want to major in a science like bio or chem because i kind of hated those .. like.. it seems impractical.. okay not impractical, but really far off from the world.. theoretical??? Or just plain weird. I mean okay, the earth is odd with all its intricacies, but i have no desire to pick it apart and see how it works. I mean it works, great. As for math .. i'm not that great at math. okay so i always thought math was one of my stronger points, relatively, but maybe not so much anymore. i don't know what happened.. either i got stupider or everyone got smarter and i stayed the same. oh.. economics is really interesting to me.. but.. so.. theoretical. and neuroscience seems pretty interesting too.. definitely no business.. not for me.. i would die in the business world. .. and probably n o law.. i'm too indecisive... oh and i was thinking of optometry... but... seeing as how i didn't even bother studying the eye during ap bio.. i'm not sure it's something i would really like.

okay.. see how mixed up i am?

Oh but i'm definitely minoring in music. i want to keep that going when i get into college, so yeah..

I didn't mean to go on for so long.. sorry if i put you to sleep.

Comments:
Music might keep you sane.

Anyhow... You make some interesting points about each of those possible majors/professions.

Pray. And that is how you'll find your true calling. Maybe it's in the ministry, or maybe it's being a teacher.

Psych is an interesting topic, to say the least. It'll keep the mind operating... Guessing... Problem solving.

Since I have an older sister, I think my parents were much more lenient with me... Maybe they got tired and gave up trying to push me to do things because they found out I. Will. Not. Do. Things. Happily. That. I. Don't. Want. To. Do.

This used to involve yelling. Unwillingness/resistance to others and some temper issues that I would not like to explain.

So, comparatively, I was left alone to wallow in my own... I mean, find things out myself.

Education is awesome. Being a teacher without control, not necessarily so. Just think of Price's 7th... Possibly quite the stressful environment.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
cbox

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]