5.22.2007

Thank You
by M. Siy

Thank you for waking me up at 6:40,
Right after I slept at 5 in the morning.
Your phone alarm is quite the beast,
It woke me up four times at least.

Thank you for sleeping so deep,
I got out of bed to punch out your sheep.
"Hey T, your alarm has rung 4 to 5 times"
*click beep beep*"My bad" "No Problem"
I gave you your phone so that it may cease,
And I might finally rest in peace.

Just when I thought the nightmare was over,
The thing rang twice moreover.
And the funny thing was it was right in your hand,
Maybe what you needed was a giant brass band.

I left the room with my pillow and blanket,
Onto the couch because I couldn't take it.
Through the door, I heard the sound again,
Not once, not twice, but six times more.

What? 5-minutes passed without the noise?
May I finally return to my hard spring bed?
Thank you.


PS. It rang a few hours later because of a phone call which lasted a few minutes. Plus, I had a midterm that day. Yep, a total of 12 alarm rings... and they were loud. I think I lost an hour or two.

Comments:
=(

Man... >.<
 
poison him!
 
i can relate to the experience:} this is good poetry
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
cbox

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]